Kenneth A. Merchant, PhD, MBA, BA
University of Southern California, Deloitte & Touche LLP Chair in Accountancy
- Kenneth Merchant is an expert in management accounting, management control systems, and corporate governance
- He has published in many journals, including Accounting, Organizations and Society, The Accounting Review, Industrial Relations, Journal of Accounting Research, Journal of Marketing, and Management Science
- He has received numerous awards, including five Notable Contributions to Research awards from the American Accounting Association, two for lifetime contributions to the field
- He also received an honorary doctorate from the Turku School of Economics (Finland) in 2010
- Professor Merchant served as Dean of the Leventhal School of Accounting from 1994 to 2001. Before joining USC, he taught at Harvard Business School and UC-Berkeley.